Sunday, July 22, 2007

Time Flies!


I know it is terribly cliche.
And something only "old" people remark on.
But, REALLY, why is it that only once you are old enough to appreciate the time given to you, does it fly by at such speeds that only dizzy the mind? When I was young, the days crept by at such a sluggish pace. I was sure that the 20 minutes I was told I had to sit in the corner (for fighting with my brother on a Saturday morning, usually), equalled the longest possible sentence available to mankind. Then of course there was the interminable wait for the next holiday or birthday. And of course while I was enduring the endlessly long days at school, I would think about how high school and graduation seemed a life time away.

Well, sometime in the process of growing up, I entered into a time warp. I never volunteered, I promise you! Now I look at my graying husband, my son ( who is taller than me by a head), my daughter (who will be heading of to University in January) and my two little babies, who were born "just other day", and I can't believe that so much time has gone by in my short little life!
Still, while I grimace at how I feel caught up on this speeding train, I am full of gratitude for my family and am so proud of all of them. So for sentimentalities sake, here are some "then and now" photos.

1986-Young and in love

1997-a rare shot of David beardless
2004-leaving on our big adventure
2006 Family at a Nature Reserve






































1 comment:

InkyFingers said...

Love the photo montage! And now your family will continue to grow in other directions!