Thursday, November 1, 2007

And We're Off!


I truly feel like a racehorse at a the starting gate! Don't ask me what my racehorse name would be - probably something like "Chomping at the Bit" or "Ants in the Pants".

I have now gotten the almost official go-ahead to begin the classes for this new outreach. Unfortunately, I have missed a Zulu class, and the chance to have my very clever teacher correct my Zulu grammer. However, I have reviewed my lessons, discovered my root words and have come up with what I hope is the name - Beautiful Creation - Babazekhle dala . Not only will these women be making beautiful creations, but they will also be learning that they too, are beautiful creations!

Our first meeting will be this Saturday morning, just for introductions and communicating what exactly going to be involved.

AND! I met lady #3!! Ferriera and her teeny tiny daughter of maybe 1 1/2 years. Amazingly, when I stopped to speak to her today at her "robot", she mentioned that she had heard of a lady who has been handing out clothes. So, the ground work is laid, and now we move forward!

Projects #1, #2 and #3 are gift bags, gift tags and cards. I've got some handy dandy patterns for some very cute paper boxes and bags, and am going to organize some simple straight forward cards.

Keep your eyes open for pictures of our first efforts - and, if they will allow me, photos of my new friends, Ellen, Louisa and Ferriera. Please do not forget to pray for us!

No comments: