Friday, June 19, 2009

Stepping Back into Life

I am a wild dreamer - meaning I have wild dreams. The type that make my children laugh, and my husband worry. The type that a psycho analyist would die for.... and the type that usually give me an indication of what is REALLY going on in my head.

Lately, my dreams have moved from the problem solving type, to the finally finding stuff type.
Ones that don't make me sad, that don't make me frustrated...they are just kind of..informative.

When I lay on the couch (figuratively, of course) and think about it, I think that it must be because there is a definite sense of "ah ha" going on. Many instances where I sense a bit of understanding as to all of the whys. Plus! I think I'm finally adjusting. The mother/wife/business woman juggle is becoming manageable, instead of overwhelming..the whys of our stay in Africa are coming to focus.. and I've got good things to look forward to.

Perhaps this is contentment. And I am old enough now to know that contentment is not the perfect satisfaction with now, but the acceptance of now and the looking forward to the future. I like that.

1 comment:

InkyFingers said...

I miss sharing our dreams together. I wake up in the morning and try to tell Dad about some crazy dream I've had and he just kind of looks at me with that "what do I care?" look on his face. Then I realize who I am "not" talking to. Haha