Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring Cleaning, but it's not spring!

Hmmm. what is it about the change of seasons that brings about the almost instinctual urge to open up the cupboards, pull out the black plastic garbage bags and clean?

After an absolutely lovely day of worship, then lunch at my daughters (yummm!!), I came home with every intention of taking a Sunday afternoon nap...then it hit. First, it was nothing more than a twitch..then before I knew it I was up, plastic bags in hand, and cleaning of the cluttered shelves in my youngest girls room. From there I hit the bathrooms with the Handy Andy -scrubbing everything that our dear househelp misses week after week. Three bags of discards - 1 rubbish, 2 handme downs and hopefully my girls will have a maintainable room for a while, and my bathrooms smells fresh and clean once again.

There are still leaves hanging out in the bottom of the pool that the kreepy crawly isn't getting, and dusty spots here and there, but hey! It's dark now, and that urge, for now, has passed. And I'll shortly be cuddling up with my hubby and watching his favorite show....

1 comment:

InkyFingers said...

It may be winter in South Africa, but it's Spring (northwest) in your heart.